An artisanally crafted blog curated by Cooking Lager for discerning readers of beer bloggery

Friday, 22 October 2010

Twissup


Crikey, the twissup is tomorrow. I am actually a bit excited. Sitting in a pub, drinking pongy ale, in the company of ladies and gentlemen who write beer blogs what I read. People to apologise to for winding them up, people say thank you to for sending me some free grog, people to argue the toss with, people to have a laugh with. All good clean innocent fun. I have a pink ticket off my good lady that gives me permission to sit in a pub and drink beer in the company of beer geeks. I am quite looking forward to it.

The details are all on Dredgies blog here, if you've not heard about it before, got nowt on tomorrow and are going to be in or around Manchester.

I suspect it'll be top dollar for a pint of pong in these proper pubs, but I'll be there to suggest we pop in the Spoons to pre load on cheap stuff. I don't know about you but I'm expecting responsible drinking in a controlled and responsible pub based environment. I'd be most disappointed to discover any binge drinking.


3 comments:

Paul Bailey said...

Watch all those pongy ale drinkers don't try to convert you, Cookie! Have a good time, and tell Dredgie to arrange the next #twissup in this neck of the woods, so I don't have to waste good beer money on train fares!

DJ said...

Too far up North that, I'd get a nose bleed going up there.

Mark, Real-Ale-Reviews.com said...

See you in Spoons at the station for lager and bacon.