An artisanally crafted blog curated by Cooking Lager for discerning readers of beer bloggery

Monday, 25 October 2010

Sparklers



Sparklers, What is there to say about sparklers? Always a topic of strong opinion in the beer blogging world.

My own views are these. I like sparklers. I think they are great fun for adults and kids alike. However it is important to be aware of the safety aspect of sparklers to ensure the kids don't get a burn. Tell the kids to hold them properly and don't burn anyone else with them.

I don't see much debate, as bonfire night approaches. Let's enjoy sparklers and keep the kids out of A&E. End of, no debate required.


7 comments:

Meer For Beer said...

Haven't had sparklers for fireworks night for years. Must try and get some this time around.

AJ said...

I love sparklers, we used to write our names with them. They are not really dangerous if you don't mess about with them!

Cooking Lager said...

That's were I'm going wrong with this rubbish. People from darn sarf and oop norf can agree on sparklers and not kick off and I won't get 50 comments. I need a contentious topic.

Dick Puddlecote said...

Except that sparklers are banned at fireworks displays nowadays. I know this as we took some three years ago - found a place in the field well away from anyone else - and lit them. Some spotty, arrogant little cub scout (steward for the night) rudely ordered the kids to put them out. Health and Safety, innit. I told them to drop them on the floor before they naively tried to put them out themselves, whereby the little twerp ordered me to pick them up. You can imagine my language.

Professor Pie-Tin said...

You need a contentious topic ?
Howe about what the fuck happened to pickled eggs behind the bar ?
Pickled eggs dumped in a bag of scrunched up crisps and tenderly squeezed like the first time you cupped a woman's breast and whispered a silent thanks to God.
And gorging on hairy porking scratching.
Like the first time you gorged on a ... I hardly need to go on.
Get some decent smut back in your posts young man.

crownbrewerstu said...

lmfao. that is all.

Mark, Real-Ale-Reviews.com said...

Pie-Tin, it's been too long since we had a pickled egg in a bag of cheese and onion crisps. You could say we've gone celibate. Nowhere does that any more, perhaps they've banned it...?!