An artisanally crafted blog curated by Cooking Lager for discerning readers of beer bloggery

Monday, 5 April 2010

National Cheap Supermarket Lout Week !


After the amazing success of cask ale week and in particular the tireless endeavours of beer bloggers who managed to save cask ale from extinction for another year its time to focus on National Cheap Supermarket Lout Week. This is where people the nation over celebrate their free right to buy cheap grog from supermarkets and tell the likes of Clarkey’s dodgepot beer club to stick minimum pricing up its chuff.

If you’ve used the Easter Weekend properly, like a true cooking lager enthusiast, you will have stocked up on cheap lager and have enough to last until Christmas. There’ll be no need to step into dumpy pubs and buy overpriced beer. There’ll be no need to do that until cask ale week next year, when the band of beer bloggers will again drink a pint or two of the pong and save it from extinction.

If you’ve still to stock up with enough cheap alcohol to fill a reservoir, check out my supermarket dot com and it might not be too late to grab a bargain. All there is to be done is to buy some cheap grog, cheaper than you expect, grab a bargain and neck it. Respected beer writer Adrian Tierney-Jones is first on the roll call of honour for buying some cheap lager from ASDA. Well done Sir!

Bag some cheap grog & blog !

Well done Clarkey, added to the roll call of honour, Sir!, thank you to the piss it up the wall guys for the photo. Here diamond geezer Clarkey enjoys a lovely can of lout and shows us how much money he's saved on a cheap box of lout.

Well done Zak, World greatest beer writer and a man that knows the good stuff.

The CAMRA guys are comming out of the woodwork!, well done Tandy! On the roll call, my friend.


15 comments:

Montague said...

I was wondering when you'd call Clarke out. He referred to you as a "creature" on some scums blog. Not ok to call scum, scum, but ok to call an honorable man like yourself
a creature?? Go figure that one out!

Cooking Lager said...

He's an odd one Clarkey, but ungentlemanly behaviour on his part is no excuse to lower ones personal standards, Whorst. I waiting for Clarkey to start his own pongy ale blog. He won't achieve Tandy's heights until then.

Montague said...

I need to work on a Clarke track.

Rob said...

Sorry Cookie but I find it hard to see cask ale dying off anytime soon. It has actually been growing year on year. It's easy to knock niche markets for being niche but by choice I won't be necking any mass market pap this week.

Cooking Lager said...

It won't die so long as the beer blogosphere exists, Rob. You can drink owt you like, even pong, so long as you bought it cheap and you take part in cheap lout week. Cheap lout appreciation is a broad church, none of those bizarre definitions of "real" the dodgepots adopt.

Rob said...

I do drink cheap lout. My home brew cost me only production and raw materials costs making it around 50p per pint.

Cooking Lager said...

The jury's out on homebrew. Does it qualify? One for the adjudicators. Have a can of lout, like Clarkey, whilst the decision is referred.

Tandleman said...

Mmm. Carling!

Montague said...

That is fucking hilarious! Herr'man looks like he's in drag!!!

Tandleman said...

No oil painting yourself Sausage from what I've seen. More like the product of a funfair mirror.

Montague said...

You're wrong there pal. I'm 6'3" 222lbs. of pure West Coast elegance.
I don't know where the hell you come up with me not being an oil painting??

Kristy said...

I knew you'd see sense eventually Tandleman - everyone likes Carling, it's why it's the UK's No 1 :o)

Mark, Real-Ale-Reviews.com said...

Cookie, you've broken the conditions of my Creative Commons photo license by using that picture of Mr Avery.

Fortunately as you aren't serving adverts on your site and you made me laugh, I will accept payment in arrears of a dozen bottles of various continental lout all purchases from your local supermarket and we'll never mention it again.

I'm serious...where shall I send my address to?

Tandleman said...

Kristy. I like to think I embrace all concepts eventually.

Carling? Mmmm.

Montague said...

Yeah, crack a can of Carling and leave it in the fridge overnight. There's your cask ale.