An artisanally crafted blog curated by Cooking Lager for discerning readers of beer bloggery

Thursday, 14 January 2010

Beer Aid

Much is in the news today about booze minimum pricing, so many may have missed this tragedy in the family that is beer. News Here. It seems our Belgian cousins are running out of grog. If there is one thing I’ve learnt since becoming a beer geek is that the beer world is a warm convivial and friendly family. Brothers in arms so to speak. We cannot let our Belgian cousins run dry.

In the spirit of men like Bob Geldof feeding the starving, I feel us as a community ought to come to the aid of our Belgian brothers in their hour of need. I propose a grog whip round to be sent to Belgium. Any spare grog, whether lout or pongy ale can be sent to me and I’ll make sure it gets to Belgium. Rest assured the grog will not just sit in my fridge and be necked whilst I lounge on the couch farting and watching documentaries on channel four about fat kids, and laughing my head off when they run. Of course I’ll have to check the grog for quality control purposes, but the Belgians will be welcome to come and pick up their grog any time they like.

Pledge your support; together we can make a difference.

6 comments:

Whorst said...

I could record a special track for the event.

Cooking Lager said...

that would be beautiful, my friend.

drink the world, let them know its lager time, oh drink the world, let them know its lager time.

BLTP said...

I'm going to get Concorde out of Mothballs drink an outer of Challenger bitter then fly to New Jersey with another outer of Challenger bitter and then I'm going to duet with Bob Dylan in a shopping Mall who will then make an obscure pronouncement about looking after "american beer drinkers" and 2 months later run his own festival handing out Colt 45 to blokes in tractor hats.

That or grow a mullet and have sweaty drunken slow dance with a lass I pulled out of the crowd.

Whorst said...

I have written your track. It is currently unreleased. It's a touching account of how you've strayed away from your true brotherhood and embraced the scum(blogger). Here's a lyrical insight: "He's hard as nails, while also a good financial planner, understands facts and figures and gentlemanly manner." The title of the track is "The Cookster." I'm expecting a late afternoon, West Coast, release.

Cooking Lager said...

Can the song mention I have a large penis? I haven't got a large penis but it would be nice if people thought I had.

Paul Garrard said...

"It seems our Belgian cousins are running out of grog" - really?
Don't think so. Two big brand perhaps, but they still have shed loads more breweries to take up the slack.