An artisanally crafted blog curated by Cooking Lager for discerning readers of beer bloggery

Friday, 30 October 2009

Brownie Points


Got in the lady squeezes good books this week by way of fixing her car. It wasn’t difficult, merely jump started it and took it for a run to charge it up but to the lady friend such things are a mystery. As far as she is concerned cars either go or they do not and when they do not it’s a bill off a mechanic. What this little endeavour earned me was brownie points. Brownie points are an important factor in human relationships. They are a form of a type of relationship currency that can be traded in the relationship. I spent my Brownie points on cheap grog.

Whilst I was in the good books I suggested Tesco for the weekly shop knowing they had an offer on 24x440ml cans of the following. Carling, Foster’s, Carlsberg, Boddingtons and Strongbow. The nirvana is back. 24 for a tenner. I was starting to think 15 for a tenner was here to stay, but as we approach xmas the game is on. The game being to buy grog as cheaply as possible. Check it out here.

As you can see from the picture I didn’t go for the Foster’s and Carling. Time for a change. Thought I’d have a cooking cider and cooking bitter to compliment a cooking lager and provide over the next few weeks some new and exciting beer reviews to give the world of beer blogging the perspective of cheap grog.


Now I could go on, as to what I spent the rest of my brownie points on but they involved chucking a glass or two of Merlot down her and suggesting an early night. You don’t need the details.

4 comments:

B-Dang said...

hahaha sweet!! should be grand old time crinkin that brew!!

Wurst/Whorst- Brewing Arts Instructor, CEO APRK said...

You're just a wonderful ombudsman for value! Too bad we don't live in the same country!

Cooking Lager said...

If ever you are in Blighty, you are welcome to a cheap can of lout and Pot Noodle in my gaff, any day of the week, Wursty

Woolpack Dave said...

Merlot? Surely you could find a more cost effective solution to getting her where you want her?

(I was going to say "getting her legless", but it conjured up images best not thought about)