An artisanally crafted blog curated by Cooking Lager for discerning readers of beer bloggery

Monday, 28 September 2009

The shape of things to come


Thought I’d share the following picture of a glass, yet it’s not a glass, it’s a hard acrylic drinking vessel. One that is impossible to smash and drive into someones face.
It contained a pint of Kronenburg before I necked it. A £1.50 pint of strong lout, and the dearest beer I bought all weekend. On one side is the number 3, informing me that 1 pint of 5.2% grog is 3 units. On the side a big number 2, informing me that 1 pint of 3.5% lout is 2 units. The shape of things to come.

6 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

One that is impossible to smash and drive into someones face.
So how many times did you try it before reaching that conclusion? Are you sure you got the angle right?

Cooking Lager said...

I only tried to break it once, and I'm a weakling anyway. I could have asked someone bigger than me, but didn't want to offend the fat tattoed orange girls we were talking to, incase they got violent.

The Beer Nut said...

Good idea. Blue WKD is still in glass bottles, after all.

Wurst/Whorst- Brewing Arts Instructor, CEO APRK said...

I think it would make a nice, portable bog.

TIW said...

The handle of the classic German litre Mass is (reputedly) designed to break off after clouting somebody round the chops with it. Still hurts, mind.

Cooking Lager said...

If you like that, Wurst, google "2 girls 1 cup"

As for the Maß glass, nice one TIW.