An artisanally crafted blog curated by Cooking Lager for discerning readers of beer bloggery

Thursday, 3 September 2009

The best beer for the best food is?


There are those like Mr Wurst who state that the Bombay Bad Boy is the ultimate in culinary Pot Noodle delight. A good choice to be sure, but better than a chicken and mushroom? The matter is open. However I am more in line with Mr Curmudgeon, who appears more your Donor Kebab Pot Noodle kind of guy. But what beer to match with it? I’m at a loss. My Cooking Lager knowledge and wisdom eludes me. So, as it become apparent that some people read this tosh, god knows why, please help me. Suggest a beer to go with this culinary delight. Doesn’t have to be cooking lager, can be anything from pongy ale to Belgian fruit beer to German Weisse. Though cooking lager would be cheaper. Only one rule, I can buy it in a Sainsbury, Tesco, Morrison’s or Aldi. I’m not going out of my way to acquire this grog. Oh and I'm not paying silly money. Best suggestion gets me buying some and drinking it.

4 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

Efes Pilsner (from Morrisons) seems like a good start...

The Beer Nut said...

Efes Pilsner is actually from Turkey, but you can buy turkey in Morrisons AFAIK, so it balances out.

Though I think, CL, you need to rename your blog "Rehydrated Food Lager".

Wurst/Whorst- Brewing Arts Instructor, CEO APRK said...

Shit, I thought I've had it all! How's the Doner Kebab flavor taste? Hopefully my local Indian market has the DK flavor. I'm off on a little road trip.

Velky Al said...

Surely to be authentic you need to get your DK Pot Noodle from a van, after a shed load of Fosters?